It's your journey - travel it well with Turas
Turas means ‘journey’ in Scottish Gaelic. I’m Lindsey Brittain, a proud Scot and I am Turas.
I believe everything in life is a journey: our leadership, our career, our business and our home life. I also believe we all have the right to a great journey, to get excited about what's possible and make that a reality.
With 26 years’ experience in Marketing, Comms & Business Management under my belt, I’ve started Turas to help leaders in Marketing, Comms & Business achieve real results for themselves and their organisation at the highest level - and in doing so, enjoy the surprise and wonder of their journey.
MY CREDS AT A GLANCE
PROVEN TRACK RECORD IN UNLOCKING THE FULL POTENTIAL OF M&C TEAMS:
TRANSFORMING COMMS GROUPS:
- Into end-to-end Brand, marketing, comms & engagement groups
ENHANCING LEADERSHIP TEAM:
- Alignment, capability, retention and performance
IMPROVED REPUTATION, ENGAGEMENT AND ENDORSEMENT AT SENIOR MANAGEMENT LEVEL
INFUSION OF TIKANGA MĀORI ACROSS EVERYDAY OPERATIONS
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AND OPERATING PLATFORM DESIGN:
- For improved workflow management & performance
BUILDING AN ENTERPRISE-WIDE INSIGHT FRAMEWORK
REPOSITIONING AN ORGANISATION TO BE PURPOSE-LED
LEADING SOCIAL MARKETING PROGRAMMES TO INFLUENCE ATTITUDES & BEHAVIOURS
WORKSHOPS THAT WORK
EXPERIENTIAL WORKSHOP PROGRAMMES ARE MY TRADEMARK AT ALL LEVELS IN AN ORGANISATION:
Proven track record in designing and facilitating on key topics:
UNLOCKING THE POWER OF POSSIBILITY:
- Building leadership team strategic, cross-functional capability
- Strategy & planning
- Leading change.
ALIGNED FOCUS & PURPOSE:
- Building ‘one team’ culture
- Focus and prioritisation
- Getting people on same page
- Team building
- Consolidated change submission from comms teams.
26 YEARS’ ENTERPRISE-WIDE EXPERIENCE IN THE UK AND NZ:
- All elements of sales, brand, marketing, comms and business management
- Public and private sector
- Client-side and creative agency-side
IN-DEPTH MARKETING & COMMS SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE IN:
- Redesign of a marketing & comms unit:
- Operating model design (incl structure)
- Change communication
- Consultation and Implementation
- Strategy, Business Planning and Reporting
- Customer segmentation
- Social marketing
- End-to-end campaign management at pace
BSC JOINT HONOURS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS & FRENCH
- Professional coach, Australia and New Zealand Coaching Alliance (ANZCAL)
- Breakthrough life coach (New Zealand Life Coaching, ANZCAL)
- Abundance coach (New Zealand Life Coaching, ANZCAL)
- Enrolled with The Mastermind Coaching Academy, USA (owned by Tony Robbins & Dean Graziosi).
TE AO MĀORI:
- Treaty of waitangi and beyond diversity training
- Pou arahi cultural leadership programme.
- One contact leadership programme
- Breakthrough leadership.
What Turas Offers
Turas offers a range of mentoring and coaching services to unlock the power of your own possibilities:
To get you on the front foot strategically, technically and emotionally.
To help you find your true purpose and passion and accelerate your development path.
To feel more fulfilled and balanced in your life.
A shared learning experience that is focussed yet fun and squeezes every ounce of value from your time together in-session and afterwards.
To help SME owners in Marketing & Comms reignite their passion for their business and convert possibility into positive results for their bottom line.
Enabling busy Marketing & Comms practitioners to ‘kick-start’ or ‘top up’ their technical know-how in their own time and at their pace.
For you to be remarkable in your own right...
If this rings true with where you’re at with your own journey and you could use a hand, it all starts with a conversation…so let’s have a chat.
I’ve travelled the Marketing, Comms & Business road myself
In my experience, it’s not until we’re faced with different possibilities, obstacles, sometimes even a ‘stop’ sign that we work out why we’re on a particular journey.
Where we’re heading is of course important. Yet, the real success lies in understanding where we’re at, then with every step we take, enjoying the experience and having fun along the way.
It’s a chance to step into unchartered territory, to learn and grow on a path that may be a bit rocky, yet always has the potential to be life-changing and rewarding.
I’ve walked in many shoes, worn many hats and taken multiple paths in my 26 years’ career in Marketing & Comms and Business Management across the public and private sector, as a consultant and in a creative agency. Having had the privilege of working with people who are truly committed to what they do, I decided it was time to pay it forward to our profession and those of you in it.
Since 2007, I’ve successfully transformed the lives of leaders in Marketing, Comms & Business by enabling them to lift up out of the day-to-day slog and imagine a different journey. To become a trusted, strategic partner and to take measurable action on their ideas – often at pace or under significant pressure.
Throughout my career, I’ve seen many different leadership perspectives and overcome a range of leadership challenges along the way. I’ve helped many people find, unblock, accelerate their path as well as take a completely different path – both professionally and personally.
My M&C career has had many highs and lows. I know it can be
Awe-inspiring when you and your team
- are on the front foot:
- everyone understands why M&C exists and why it’s important – no effort wasted on validation
- you’re connected into the right conversations, focussing on the right priorities, right from the outset
- you lift out of the ‘weeds’ and operational slog and have time to focus on being a leader – inspiring and guiding others to reach new heights in their journey and yours.
- get to do what you love, are great at and deliver real results enterprise-wide:
- finding head space to think big and connect across the organisation on a critical piece of work that contributes directly to organisational priorities
- enabling your people to get excited and flourish on the journey you’re taking them on.
- can measure the positive impact you’re making and leverage this to secure ongoing support, recognition and resources.
- successfully go through a change in your M&C operating model and culture that is inclusive, maintains positive morale, wellbeing and productivity.
Tough, frustrating and causes burnout when you and your team
- work twice as hard (and waste time) earning your licence to operate:
- as a strategic partner for your organisation’s reputation
- as experts in brand, insight, marketing, comms & stakeholder engagement.
- are not engaged as experts:
- not involved in the right conversations to contribute at the level you should
- given an ‘order’, not a clear brief with the business problem to solve
- engaged at the end with no time to do a good job.
- are constantly in reactive mode with no time for proactive, more strategic stuff that matters:
- the political and media environment is highly volatile
- stakeholders are not aligned
- priorities are constantly changing and you’re not in the loop.
- are asked to produce more with less, at the same quality and your people are tired.
- lose time being the ‘connector’ across the business to get the full picture of all the activities tackling the same issue before you can provide a joined-up M&C solution.
- make many attempts (sometimes without success) for your great ideas to be heard, trusted and approved
- struggle to quickly convert your great thinking into action and results due to bureaucracy.